Shortly after the initial excitement of being engaged starts to wear off you realize that you have the event of your life coming up. How to pull it off ? Our ultimate checklist is on hand to save the day.
6 Months to go - That’s half a year away!
- Find and book dinner venues and for other pre or post wedding events like Sangeet or Mehndi ceremonies. Think outside the box. Conducting the ceremony outdoors, using a Jewish Chuppah instead of the traditional Hindu Mandap etc.
- Book or purchase unique traditional items needed for wedding ceremony. Ship the scarce items in from your country of origin if need be.
- Book or reserve your wedding ceremony officiant. Try out your make-up artist, hair stylist, pick out your music or work with your band/ DJ.
- Finalize the wedding invitations. The e-savvy can consider an online only RSVP. It is a great way of keeping track of guests.
- Start planning your honeymoon and make sure to have passports and documents up to date. Obtain visas, schedule immunizations and medical checkups as required.
3 months left - That’s about 100 days!
- Discuss with the officiant and walk through the ceremony. Make sure that the officiant, your families and organizers are on the same page as to timing and finer points.
- Its good to prepare a wedding program that will walk your guests through the ceremonial procedures that you are having. This is especially helpful if you have guests from different cultures and the ceremony is not in English.
- Arrange wedding transportation including cars/ limos for the bridal party. Ensure adequate transportation for guests to and from the ceremony and reception venues.
- Finalize the menu, flowers, lighting arrangements.
- Purchase of wedding garments/ attire; fittings for your wedding outfit(s)/ bridesmaids outfits.
- Have the guest list ready and invitations ready to mail out.
- Plan activities for out of town guests before and after the wedding Floral Decoration.
Note: Mail invitations six to eight weeks before the wedding date. If the date is on a holiday weekend or in the instance of a destination wedding, mail them twelve weeks prior.
2-4 Weeks to Your Perfect Wedding
- Keep track of all invitations and RSVPs. The same can be used to track gifts and to send thank you notes. Finalize seating arrangements.
- Finalize your wedding outfit and carry out dress fittings.
- Reconnect with all vendors and finalize details. Create a detailed timeline of the wedding week/ weekend including all events; send to vendors & share with the families.
- Print out wedding programs, menu cards and seating arrangements.
1 week left till the big day
- Fit on your wedding attire to make sure that it suits you perfectly. Dont forget to break in your shoes!
- Make sure you have someone responsible to take care of any required payments and finances around your wedding day.
- Provide the final count of guests to your vendors.
- Confirm timings and arrangements with your vendors.
- Confirm honeymoon details and pack for the honeymoon.
The Day Before!
- Dont Panic! Go through the above list to make sure that you are covered!
- Visit the spa to pamper yourself for relaxation and to look your best.
Let Go & Have a Blast! — Many couple forget to enjoy the wedding day because they are worried about details. Enjoy the moment and remember what this occasion is really about - YOU! This can be one of the most magical days of your life, so trust your planning and enjoy pure wedding bliss!
Related Post: 6 STAGE DECOR IDEAS FOR INDIAN WEDDINGS